Sorry for the less than frequent updates, but internet access here in Greece has been spotty. Today, we’ve embarked on our cruise. We’re aboard the Louis Majesty, a large and luxurious ship en route from Piraeus (the ancient port of Athens) to Mykonos, one of the best known of the Greek islands. So far, the Aegean has proved mild enough to accommodate Mr. Roos and Mr. Buckley’s tendency toward sea sickness — fingers still crossed, though. We dock at Mykonos at about 6 PM tonight, enough time to hit the beach, walk around town a little bit, and then get back on the ship well before “all aboard” sounds at 10:30. Tomorrow, we’re going to the ancient city of Ephesus, which is the most extensively excavated ruin of its kind. Best wishes until our next post; more photos may go up later, when we’re not working through a satellite link.
- Day 8: Reflections on our Costa Rica experience
- Day 6 + 7: Rafting, Sea Turtle Refuge, and Travel to San Jose
- Day 4 + 5: Last two activity rotations
- Day 3: First day of activity rotations
- Day 2: Travel day to Dominical
- Day 1: We have arrived in Costa Rica!
- Final Day…
- The Borghese Gallery and the Spanish Steps
- Vatican City
- Colosseum and more!