We’re two days into our cruise now and currently making a call at the island of Santorini. We walked up from the sea to the top of a pretty imposing cliff, where the principal town of Fira is located. We took a variety of modes of transport — a few walked on their own two feet, a few rode donkeys (no joke), and a few (probably the brightest ones in the group) took the modern gondola, which shoots passengers from bottom to top in something like two air-conditioned minutes. (Personally, I walked and should’ve brought an extra shirt with me.) However you get up here, the view is probably one of the very best anywhere in the world. When we have regular internet access, we’ll upload pictures! Tomorrow, we return to Athens for our final day in Greece.
- Day 8: Reflections on our Costa Rica experience
- Day 6 + 7: Rafting, Sea Turtle Refuge, and Travel to San Jose
- Day 4 + 5: Last two activity rotations
- Day 3: First day of activity rotations
- Day 2: Travel day to Dominical
- Day 1: We have arrived in Costa Rica!
- Final Day…
- The Borghese Gallery and the Spanish Steps
- Vatican City
- Colosseum and more!